Monday, May 18, 2009

In any problemsolving effort, there comes the frame of reference problem. 

I always find myself pushing the envelope, in other people's frames of reference. 
I'm not sure why this is, we all grew up on the same planet, more or less. 

Maybe getting my idea of stable home & family disrupted at various times in my teens, as my parents waged active warfare on one another in various ways, probably eliminated any remaining expectations I might have had, about reality. 

Many other people, have had the same experience, and worse. 

So, why am I so outside the box?

I score in the minority on so many scales.. INFJ, Morton foot.. I'm pro gun and pro choice, basically a political orphan. 

The last decade of my life, spent as a bodyworker for the most part, spent in transition, spent dancing into chaos.. 

It's a result of who I am, rather than a goal. 

Turns out, I love grabbing the dragon's jaws, and bending reality to my will. 
It's a path fraught with disappointment, however, that's what I expect. I don't move quickly, preferring to gather information for literally years, before launching decisive action in a maximally targeted fashion. 

I do not accept the status quo. Not without a series of good hard kicks and dedicated sabotage. 
I bent a major university to my will, and got previously unrecognized awards for customer service, because I actually knew that the customer.. was the student.. and that, given impetus, they voted. I can control the system just as well as you can, with far less formal education.  I even bent the US Army to my will, and made them like it. It took the persistence of a hungry parasite.. hovering, lurking and chewing until I could make my move. From then, it was a system of human connections into the great dumb framework of the beast, and how sharply I could wire into it in terms of reward and punishment. Note: Punishment is harder to achieve, but worth it. 

Your frame of reference is just that, a frame. 
You may think education is important. 
I don't have one. Note that I tried, repeatedly. People of my economic background, don't have a great chance at education. I w
I am an autodidact. The most brilliant people I know, are unpolluted by the American public education system. Pray it never invades Western Europe, India, or China, or we will have a world of stupid on our hands. 

You may think children are important .
I don't have any, don't want any, don't like them, and think that one of the major problems of the planet is simple random overpopulation. If you don't have as many people to feed, and you can control your reproduction, until you can control your food supply to support it, you don't have a problem. Educate them, to do better than you have done. Don't buy an SUV to carry them around. You can get six in a Corolla. More than that, is some kind of religious agenda if you are not adopting (see Quiver Full fundy wackos).

You may think politics are important. 
It's about who can make the most money, off the population. That determines who is in control. Sometimes it changes, for the better.. sometimes not. It depends on the level of education, and inquiry, on the part of the population, as to how far they can be misled. 

If you just feel.. a little more lost.. welcome to the human condition. 

My very favorite quote from TS Eliot's Little Gidding:
http://www.tristan.icom43.net/quartets/

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
Through the unknown, unremembered gate
When the last of earth left to discover
Is that which was the beginning;
At the source of the longest river
The voice of the hidden waterfall
And the children in the apple-tree
Not known, because not looked for
But heard, half-heard, in the stillness
Between two waves of the sea.
Quick now, here, now, always—
A condition of complete simplicity
(Costing not less than everything)
And all shall be well and
All manner of thing shall be well
When the tongues of flame are in-folded
Into the crowned knot of fire
And the fire and the rose are one.

No comments: